In this week's lesson we talked about some creative activities to do at home while social distancing.
There are a lot of great ideas that you can try out for yourself or when you have a full house of kids, siblings, parents or relatives.
In this livestream, we discuss more broadly what types of activities you can do during social distancing. Social isolation can be rough, particularly if you live alone. But that shouldn't stop you from treating this period as an opportunity to reflect, learn, and discover new insights - about yourself and the world.
It's important to keep our brains active and healthy. And that generally means unplugging from social media, turning off the news, and getting our mind to think about other things.
Here are some ideas you can adopt and adapt depending on your preferences and curiosities:
- Take a virtual tour of another part of the world - use YouTube or National Geographic
- Channel your Avatar (play the role of role model or character) play them for a day, 3 days, a week
- Make a (long-term) project on one of your role models
- Memorize a song and choreograph a dance
- Make a "Fun" sweater! (Put earrings, beads, ornaments, dried flowers)
- Make a quilt (from childhood outfits, baby shirts) to make a memorable quilt or blanket
- Knitting and sewing lessons (YouTude is also a great resource for this)
- Collage (pictures from your vacation, childhood pictures)
- Vision board
- Take creative baby pictures (using decorations, etc.) and edit them in Photoshop
- Baking! Baking is safer with little kids (doesn’t involve knives, sharp objects, fire, etc)
- Plan your next vacation alone, with a partner or with a family
- Write a play or book! (Shakespeare wrote three of his most famous and successful plays)
- Take web courses on topics you enjoy
So those are just some of the ideas we came up with for keeping our brains active during this time.
Can you think of anything else that might be helpful? Let the Explearning community know in the comments!
See you in the next lesson!
Happy Explearning ⚡